Herveys Rainbow Pizza
Healthy pizza using a beetroot and yoghurt base.
- Total time:
- 55 min
- 25 min
- 30 min
- Created by:
- Hervey Bay Special School
- Hot Meals
$5.00 ea iThis price is provided as a guide only and should be checked before using it as a listed menu price.
2.5 cup Wholemeal flour
2 cup low fat Greek Style yoghurt
.5 cup beetroot juice
10 each Tomatoes
1 each onion
15 g herbs (basil/oregano/parsley)
1 each Capsicum (hello, green, red)
250 g BBQ Chicken
30 g low fat tasty cheese
30 g spinach (or other substitutable green from school garden)
50 g Beetroot (pureed, chunky)
- Preheat oven approx. 210 degrees fan forced.
- Combine flour, yoghurt and beetroot juice into a dough.
- Place baking paper over a pizza tray, (12 inch tray).
- Put dough onto pizza tray and press it to the edges (ensure edges are higher than centre, otherwise will be to doughy when cooked). Use a mini roller with flour on it to help press dough to edges, roll in circular motion). This dough does not roll like normal dough, needs to be pressed.
- Place in oven for approx. 5 minutes (ensure oven is hot before putting it in or leave in a couple of minutes longer.
- Reduce sauce ingredients: tomatoes, onion/garlic, herbs from school garden (basil/oregano/parsley) in a saucepan and allow to partially cool (or put in fridge if time constrained).
- Allow pizza base to cool slightly, spread sauce on pizza base (thin) – leave an edge approx. 1 1/2cm to give a nice crust around the pizza.
- Top with diced capsicum, shredded spinach (sprinkle – not too much), diced chicken, beetroot and finish off with a light sprinkle of cheese.
- Cook for approx. 20-25min or until golden brown.
- Option of adding other fresh seasonal vegetables (depending on what is ready to be harvested in school garden).
Base: Greek yoghurt, wholemeal flour, beetroot juice. Toppings: Beetroot (pureed), capsicum, spinach, low fat tasty cheese, chicken, fresh tomatoes.
Change the ingredients to suit your cost.