A tomato based curry that is quick and easy to prepare.
- Total time:
- 30 min
- 10 min
- 20 min
- Created by:
- Hot Meals
$5.00 ea iThis price is provided as a guide only and should be checked before using it as a listed menu price.
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 unit Onion
2 unit Crushed garlic cloves
2.5 tbsp Curry powder
2 tbsp Tomato puree
1 unit Crushed tomatoes (tinned)
1 unit Vegetable stock cube
g Mixed vegetables
1.5 cup Water
each Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 unit Fresh coriander (to garnish)
1.25 cup Brown Basmati Rice
- Cook rice in rice cooker with adequate water (usually double the amount of rice)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic then cook until golden
- Stir in the curry powder and tomato puree, cook until fragrant (approx. 2 to 3 minutes)
- Stir in tinned tomatoes, stock cube, vegetable selection and water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for approx. 20 to 30 minutes until vegetables are cooked through. Serve with rice and a sprinkle of coriander. Enjoy!
If you are searching for an easy, quick and tasty curry recipe this is it. Any vegetables can be used and you can also add chicken or beef if preferred.
Can add chicken, beef or vegetarian alternatives such as chickpeas or lentils