Submitted by Rita Januszewski of St Francis Xaviers School (Manunda)
- Total time:
- 29 min
- 15 min
- 14 min
- Created by:
- Hot Meals
$4.50 ea iThis price is provided as a guide only and should be checked before using it as a listed menu price.
1 Kg Lean beef mince
2 unit Carrot, finely grated
1 unit Zucchini, finely grated
2 unit Onions, finely chopped
0.25 unit Whole lentils, can drained
0.25 unit Red kidney beans, can drained
4 tsp Reduced salt beef stock powder
1 tbsp Worcestshire sauce
2 tbsp Tomato sauce
1 tbsp Barbeque sauce
2 tsp Mixed herbs
1 unit Eggs
1.5 cup Dry breadcrumbs
Kg Flour to coat
- Finely grate and chop vegetables, either by hand or using a food processor. Drain and puree lentils and beans (this may need to be done with the onion to add moisture).
- Combine all ingredients very well.
- Form 1/3 cup of mixture into balls onto a tray lined with paper towel (this will soak up any excess liquid) and store, covered in the fridge, for an hour.
- Shape each ball in a hamburger press.
- Heat a lightly oiled flat grill. Lightly dust each patty with flour and cook, on a moderate heat for 5 to 7 minutes each side.
- Place into a bread roll with your choice of salad.
Tasty burger made fresh in the tuckshop.